I thought I had enough challenges, but then I saw this one and decided to add it to the list. I already have a tendency to read mostly books by women, so this one should fall right in with my reading habits.
All books read for this challenge must be by or about women. The spirit of the challenge is to read books that are not written by men.
January 1, 2021: I am adding the 2021 prompts to the list and removing the planned readings for 2020. I was going to compare the two years but then decided that was a nope.
Completed Readings 2020
A Book about a Woman Artist – Visual Arts
- Last Day by Luanne Rice – read 1/3/2020
A Book by an LGBTQ+ Author
- Seriously… I’m Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres -read 1/10/2020
A Book about a Woman Who Inspires You
- Reba: My Story by Reba McEntire -read 1/12/2020
Completed Readings 2021
- Drive by Kate Stewart -read 1/23/2021
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah -read 2/10/2021
Crime Novel or Thriller in Translation
- The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg – read 4/21/2021
About the Natural World
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed – read 4/23/2021
About a Woman in Politics
- The Secret History: A Novel of Empress Theodora by Stephanie Thornton – read 4/28/2021
A Queer Love Story
- Just My Type by Lucy Bexley and Bryce Oakley – read 5/4/2021
Protagonist Older than 50
- Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand